Sunday, July 28, 2013

Aeropostale Making a Comeback?

What do I think of teen clothing store Aeropostale?
Good question.
In 6th grade (circa 2008), I would have said that it was my absolute favorite store. I would have begged to go there whenever possible and begged for a gift card for my birthday and begged to have one of those bedazzled henley tops with the butterfly logo.
In 9th grade (circa 2011), I would have said no way. I would have retweeted one of those tweets that said something along the lines of, "A moment of silence for those who still wear Aeropostale." 
Now, in 2013, I am saying okay. Let's give it a second chance. You see, Aeropostale had been going through a rough patch, and they knew it. That's why they are currently in the process of reengineering, complete with new fashion direction, new strategy, and new style. Will it work? I don't know. What I do know is that I am willing to keep my mind open. 

It appears that many fashion folk are keeping their minds open, too. Clothing from Aeropostale's new fall collection (the debut of their never-before-seen fashion direction) is set to be featured in Cosmo, InStyle, Teen Vogue, Glamour and People Style Watch this fall. Plus, on July 12th, WWD did a feature all about Aero's comeback. Clearly, the store has stepped up its game in terms of press. Aeropostale has also launched an exclusive VIP program of style influencers--a program I will be taking part in. I'm excited to see their collection and form my own opinions about the store based on what they're doing now, instead of what they used to do. I hope you keep your mind open to the store's new look, too. Stay tuned...I can't wait to show you my favorite pieces!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I got invited the program as well and I'm wondering, what do we do once we get our invitation e-mail?

    ReplyDelete