Sunday, June 30, 2013

39. frenchie

I could get used to New York as my photo background.

The only problem with my friend being my photographer? I couldn't stop laughing for the pic.

I don't actually know what this means in French...shh, don't tell my teacher.

so.many.studs.


top: Zara // skirt: Forever 21 // shoes: Zara // bag: H&M
~photo creds to my lovely friend Caroline~


Guess who's back?!?!
 I spent all of last week in NYC (or The Best Place on Earth, as I like to call it) and the two weeks before that in Baltimore. First, I was staying in Baltimore for a short internship. After that, I returned to Cincinnati, but not for long! The very same day, I hit the airport for the next flight out to the Big Apple. My friend and I traversed the city together for a fashion journalism class at The Fashion Institute of Technology, which was super fun and interesting--more on that in a later post.

While in the city, I hit up some of my favorite stores that we don't have in Cincinnati, including Zara. I bought a few things there, including the top and shoes in this outfit. My friend actually picked out the top for herself at first but passed it along to me when it didn't fit her, and I fell in love with its cool french-girl vibe. Also, Zara is having their annual Spring/Summer Sale right now, so I felt obligated to purchase the shoes I'm wearing--they were almost half off their original price. Plus, they feel super New York-ish, and a woman on the street stopped me to tell me how much she loved them, so case closed. 
I bought the faux leather skirt a little while ago from Forever 21. I'm impressed with how well it has held up, considering the fact that I've been wearing it practically six out of seven days a week! 
I know I will be wearing this outfit a lot in the summer and mixing and matching different tops with the skirt and bottoms with the top. And of course, my feet will just have to adjust to the shoes because I plan on never taking them off. 

8 comments:

  1. Hey~
    I just found your blog and I love it! I love this outfit too. I followed :)


    ♥ Taylor
    Strawberries & Dreams
    http://strawberries-and-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you have had lots of cool opportunities this summer! And you have the perfect outfits to go along ;) Can't wait to read your post on it!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're too sweet! This summer has been amazing so far but super busy--I can't wait to blog more during July and August!

      Delete
  3. your top is adorable!!

    xx
    www.stelladorothy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I became obsessed with Zara last week haha :)

      Delete
  4. Aww I remember this outfit haha :) What internship did you have in Baltimore? Too bad it was before we met, I am so close to Baltimore! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I got Caroline to photograph after class :) I interned at Girl's Life magazine for two weeks in Baltimore, writing articles for the website and sorting in the fashion closet. I'm continuing writing articles from home now. It would have been awesome to have met up with you, if only it was after the FIT class! keep in touch :)

      Delete