1. Mod Prints (left to right): Etsy, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton
2. Bell-sleeve (left to right): Alice & Olivia, Alice & Olivia, Issa
3. Pastels: Aldo (earrings), Splendid (top), Valentino (clutch)
4: Denim Vests: Rebecca Taylor (left), Boohoo.com (top right), Proenza Schouler (bottom right)
The Spring 2013 Fashion It List
1. Mod, Graphic Prints: Graphic prints were ubiquitous on the Spring 2013 runways. Big names (Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, etc.) showed even bigger prints with bold 60s influences. The looks are daring, but spring is the perfect time to clean out the closet and add some fresh designs.
2. Bell-sleeves: I have been addicted to finding the perfect bell-sleeve top lately. I think my time spent on Pinterest has tripled in the past week, all in the search for this 70s-style wardrobe must-have. You could say I'm obsessed. Anyway, playful designers like Alice & Olivia have been stocking their showrooms with bell-sleeves. Needless to say, I'm loving it.
3. Pastels: Easter-egg colors are simply a staple for the spring season. But, instead of just buying lavender sweaters or peach blouses, you can try some updates on the color scheme this year. For example, try pastel color-blocking on clothing and accessories. Also, be sure to check out edgier ways to wear pastel colors, such as a sherbet-colored, studded clutch à la Valentino.
4. Denim Vests: Lightweight vests are perfect for the days that heat is in the air, but you don't want your outfit to look like it belongs in July. Throw a denim vest over a tank top and skirt, or pair it with denim shorts for a trendier look.