Saturday, February 23, 2013

28. it was 1970-something

 

 
 
The Shirt: Prabal Gurung for Target
A new designer clothing line was launched at Target on Feb. 10: Prabal Gurung! I went to my local Target for the opening and was entranced by the fun prints, feminine florals and ruffles, and bright colors! You can view the entire lookbook here: Prabal Gurung Lookbook link.
 
The Pants: Seafarer
Seafarer is a brand known for its iconic bell-bottoms. While originally created for sailors and supplied to the U.S. Navy, the pants were popularized after being worn by Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin in the 60s and 70s. When I heard through Women's Wear Daily that the company was being bought out and that the new spring collection would price the jeans at $237 to $316, I decided to see if the originals were still available online. Luckily, they were! And get this: they were only $10. Once this inventory is gone, I'm not sure if they will continue selling the originals (or they will at least be way overpriced). You can buy them at seafarer.com.
 
The Shoes: Charles by Charles David
These give me major height, but I'm not going to lie: I fell flat on my face the first time I tried to take a step in them. Despite the monumental platform, they are actually very comfortable and super fun for spring and summer. I purchased them from Hautelook.com. If you have never heard of HauteLook, be sure to check it out: it is a site full of flash deals from designers. Let me warn you: it is highly addictive and even stressful at times (Only 15 minutes to buy! Ahh!).
 
The Purse: Old Navy
Nothing spectacular here! Just a yellow mini satchel for a pretty nice price :)
 
 
 
And lastly, a note about the title of this post: this song (19 Somethin' by Mark Wills) is my everything. It is probably a lot better if you actually lived during the 70s and 80s, but I love it anyway. Here's a link to the music video, and I have to warn y'all: it's country!
Music Video: 19 Somethin'
 

12 comments:

  1. The Prabal Gurung still isn't at my Target:( But I love the outfit and your hair!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's too bad! You can always order online though!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Girl, I LOVE your look! So happy to have stumbled upon your blog! It's adorable! Anddddd I'm your newest follower hey hey hey!

    Xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 70's inspired look! You look so stylish! :)

    xoxo
    Camille
    http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very 70's! I love high waisted jeans, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Haha, "hippie" is the first thing I think of when I look at this outfit, too! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. i'm loving this outfit, it's really quite refreshing to actually like an outfit that isn't dedicated to a vintage era surrounding the 1950's/60's. I'm a new follower of your blog, and you can check out and follow mine if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, leah at Amour, la fille. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree--it was fun for me to do a 70s inspired post, since most of the vintage posts I see nowadays are based on the 50s or 60s. I love experimenting with different decades, though, so I might do a post like that soon!

      Delete