Thursday, February 7, 2013

27. Moss

 
 
 
Top: Brandy Melville // Jacket: Old Navy // Pants: American Eagle // Shoes: Sam Edelman for American Eagle // Gold Necklace: Forever 21 // Bronze Necklace: vintage
 
This outfit is a little grungier than my normal style. I'll tell you what inspired it:
 
1. I was reading WWD, which featured Pantone's Top Colors for Fall 2013. The number one color was Deep Lichen Green, shown below.
photo source

 I looked into my own closet for this color, and the closest piece I found was this pair of greenish cargo pants. I bought them about three years ago when they were still too big for me, but I just discovered that they fit me now!
 
2. The pants reminded me of the color of moss, and I also thought they had a sort of 90s grunge vibe, which led my mind to Kate Moss. I started looking at fashion editorial photos of Kate Moss in the 90s, and I found the photo below.
Timeless Style Icons: 20s to Now
photo source
I think that my outfit gives off a similar vibe to this one, with the crop top, layered necklaces, and looser pants.
 
3. Since we are officially in the midst of New York Fashion Week, I've been stalking Style.com for photos and Newyorkfashionweeklive.com to see live footage. I came across Rachel Comey's collection and was intrigued by this sort of 90s-ish denim vest/dress look. This just further pushed me towards shooting a more grungy, 20-years-ago kind of styled outfit.
photo source
 
So, yes, this is a different look than normal, but I honestly don't believe I have one definitive style. I find fascination in playing around with new looks, and this style experimentation was a lot of fun for me!

26 comments:

  1. A great post, I love the look, especially the shirt! I have published a post the amfAR Gala in New York! I follow your blog :) You can follow me on:

    http://kate-rose-blair.blogspot.com.es/

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. are those moons in your top? that's so awesome! love brandy melville stuff! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are moons! I love Brandy Melville :)

      Delete
  3. I love your inspiration for this grungy look that you put together! I am also keeping up with the fashion week shows (as best that I can!).

    I noticed that your top is from Brandy Melville. I have heard so many people talk about them. I wish that I had a store nearby but sadly I'm from the South and we don't have any Brandy stores here.

    I love your blog!

    xoxo
    Camille
    http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! My top is from Brandy Melville, but I actually don't have a store near me, either. I looked around in the store when I went to New York last fall, and then I did an online order back home at http://www.brandymelvilleusa.com/!

      Delete
  4. i love that top, i wish we had brandy melville all around the uk! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And you can always order online: http://www.brandymelvilleusa.com/!

      Delete
  5. Amazing blog! I like it very much! Would you like to follow each other?
    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the trousers and shoes :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shoes! You wear them so well :)

    www.dusterknuckles.blogspot.co.uk | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit. Its different, but its better to mix it up. You've inspired lol. I want to try a similar look. - amirajsfashiondiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! That is so sweet, and I'm glad I inspired you!

      Delete
  9. I'm actually in love with this entire post ahahahha <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Blog :)
    Check out my blog at: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, I wear them all the time! :)

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete