Saturday, September 8, 2012

Teen Vogue Fashion University Acceptance!

I've been accepted into Teen Vogue Fashion University 2012!
 
 
Hey everyone! I am super excited to announce that this October, I will be attending Teen Vogue Fashion University, a three-day event full of seminars, speakers, and shopping!
Teen Vogue Fashion University is an amazing experience for anyone wanting to work in the fashion industry. Each year, 500 people from around the world (ages 16-24) are selected to attend. If you are interested in applying for next year (I think 2013 applications are available around the beginning of next summer), definitely check out the website here!
 
The classes are in New York City, in the Teen Vogue Building and Hudson Theatre. When you are accepted, you fill out a registration, which includes choosing your classes. This was a lot of fun, but it was extremely hard to make the decisions!
Some of the noteworthy speakers for this year include:
Bryan Boy (fashion blogger)
Chris Benz (fashion designer)
Christian Siriano (fashion designer--won Project Runway!)
Erika Bearman (global communications, voice of OscarPRGirl)
Erin Fetherston (fashion designer)
Grace Coddington (creative director at Vogue)
Lauren Berger (intern queen)
Marie Suter (creative director at Teen Vogue)
Mary Kate Steinmiller (senior fashion market editor at Teen Vogue)
Nicole Richie (actress, writer, creative director)
Peter Som (fashion designer)
Phillip Lim (fashion designer)
Prabal Gurung (fashion designer)
Rachel Roy (fashion designer)
and lots more!
 
When you register, you can choose four seminars to attend. The classes fill up SUPER quickly, though, so you want to select right away or you might end up with your second or even third or fourth choices for each session.
 
Here is my schedule for the weekend:
 
Friday Night: H&M Shopping Event and Kick-off Party
Saturday Session 1: Opening Q&A
Saturday Session 2: Chris Benz--The King of Color Seminar
Saturday Session 3: Exclusive Teen Vogue Editorial Floor Tour
Saturday Session 4: The Teen Vogue Editors Panel
Saturday Session 5: Lauren Berger--The Intern Queen Seminar
Saturday Session 6: Closing Keynote
Saturday Night: Topshop Shopping Event
Sunday Morning: Fashion in the Digital Age Seminar
Sunday: Graduation!
 
The entire weekend sounds so amazing! While I would have loved to see some of my favorite designers and celebrities like Nicole Richie and Christian Siriano, I chose the sessions that I feel will be most beneficial to me and a future career in journalism and fashion editing. I've heard so many good things about this opportunity--some lucky attendants get to meet the speakers and Teen Vogue editors, and even luckier ones make connections that lead to internships!
 
Finally, there are some opportunities during the seminars to ask questions. I am going to come up with a list of questions that I could ask if given the chance, so please comment any questions that you have for anyone--I will try to get them answered! I will write a follow-up post in October after the event with lots of pictures, stories, and hopefully answered questions! Stay tuned!
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, congratulations on being accepted to the programme - sounds like an amazing experience, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time - and it was definitely the smart idea to pick the most useful seminars, as opposed to the most glamourous speakers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a tough choice, but I am very happy with the seminars I ended up with--thanks for the reassurance :)

      Delete
  2. I shall be there as well! :D Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome--I can't wait to meet everybody! Congrats to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Cograts love ! xo

    devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! It seems like you're going to have a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I think I am going to have a blast!

      Delete
  5. Wow that's amazing! Congrats and good luck :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that is so exciting!! Congratulations!!! You better tell us all about it when you get back!
    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Thanks so much! I will write a blog post about it when I get back, and I will definitely text you while I'm there--I can't wait! <33

      Delete
  7. This sounds absolutely amazing. Congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so anxious, I got accepted as well! See you there, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete