This is a fun, glittery nail tutorial. Enjoy!
Mint green: Love and Beauty in the shade Mint
Top/Base Coat: e.l.f. in the shade Clear
Loose glitter: JoAnn Craft Essentials Xtra Fine Glitter
You will also need something to make polka dots. You could use the tip of a bobby pin or any other round-headed object. I used a sewing pin and stuck the pointy side into a pencil eraser so that it would be easy to hold. See the images below of my version.
1. Apply base coat, then two coats of the mint color (or whatever color you decide to use). Let dry.
2. Pour some loose glitter onto a plate or bowl.
3. Dip your polka-dotter tool into the clear nail polish and quickly dot onto a nail. I did three to five dots on each nail, but you could do more if you use a smaller tool.
4. Before the polish dries, dip the nail into the glitter pile. Repeat for each nail.
5. Tap the nails so that the excess glitter comes off. Once the polish dries a bit more, you will probably have to use your finger to push the remaining glitter off around the dots.
6. Apply a top coat (or two).
7. Clean up time! A few tips for cleaning up spilled glitter:
-sweep as much as you can into a dust pan
-use a lint roller or masking tape to pick up the rest of the glitter
-if you have it on hand, play-dough also works great for picking up glitter