Welcome to my very first Fashion It List! The corresponding pictures are located in the previous post (scroll down to see).
1. High waist jeans- These look great with a tucked-in floral blouse and an awesome pair of heels. The light wash is very popular for August, as well as distressed styles.
2. Boyfriend blazers- Very popular for early fall, boyfriend blazers come in many colors. A crisp, white blazer looks great for this late summer month. Another trend to try is a floral printed blazer-- Urban Outfitters has some great ones! http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20451274&cm_mmc=Performics-_-Affiliates-_-Polyvore-_-Primary&clickid=0004a97b85f664380a2a180734f413db However, everyone should own a classic, black one. These boyfriend blazers look good with practically anything and are great when the weather starts to get chilly.
3. Gold Accessories- Gold is a classically chic metallic for fall, and it looks perfect on trendy bangles and those gorgeous stud earrings ($325). Too expensive? Check out these similar ones for only $22. http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=134575&VendorCode=HAN&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-gX6DkO8ceOU8tGKK.XvTMA.
4. Lace- To achieve that so desired vintage-meets-luxury look, lace is a necessity. This August, lace is even appearing on shoes and accessories. In addition, lace can help us transform that summer crop-top beach style into a posh, sophisticated version. The cropped, black Topshop shirt, as pictured below, is definitely a gush-worthy wardrobe transformer.
5. Rust, Golden Yellow, Spearmint- These three colors are major trends as seen on the runway and in popular clothing stores this month. Whether you use them to accessorize, or you buy solid shirts in each color, you will definitely pop against the ordinary browns this season.
6. Faded Denim Jackets and Vests- Light washes are fabulous right now, be it jeans, shorts, jackets, or vests. Denim shirts are also popular right now, especially when worn open with a shirt underneath. And ultra-versatile vests are a great staple for August. When it gets chillier, you can exchange your faded vest for a distressed denim jacket for an equally casual-cool look.
Thanks for reading, and come back soon! :)